Engineering & Consulting Services
A selective range of engineering services and consulting support is available.
Our reliable and flexible expertise are aimed at supporting the customer with the development of technical solutions.
Space Industry challenges
Some private Space engineering companies and teams today encounter technical and financial challenges during the development phases of a system, which can strongly affect the delivery date or compliance of technical solutions. Majority of these engineering challenges are associated with lack of appropriate expertise, reliable technical data, standardised engineering processes and adequate software tools.
More often than not, the ways in which these many engineering activities are performed can still heavily rely on tools and methods practiced in the late 90s which are sub-optimal for today's needs. Despite the advancement in computer science, software development and the constant evolution in Space technology, a large number of those methods and processes practiced then are still being applied today.
Therefore, the Space industry today is desperate for a change in the way engineering is done. All the while these private companies are interested in generating big profits, being competitive, reducing the risks of failure or financial losses and increasing their efficiency.
It is observed that many of the engineering processes today are:
Outdated and manually intensive → time wasted
Prone to human errors → system failures
Under/over conservative → inefficient designs
- System design
- Environmental constraints
Work with data from various formats
Iterate fast and run calculations in batches
Tune system performance (MoS)
Take rapid decisions
Produce technical reports
Ensure system optimisation
Compliance with requirements
OX Origin offers software tool solutions to assist engineers in the Space industry with the system verification and optimisation process. The verification process implemented in the software tools is based on international standards such as ECSS, VDI etc.
Using this tool, engineers are able to take control of verifications and reporting while at the same time rapidly gain an insight into the critical design parameters which have an impact on the system(s) performance, thus enabling engineers to optimise the system.
Space Systems Engineering
We offer support on Space systems engineering, mechanical structures, mechanisms, and opto-mechanical development from concept to commercialisation. We strive to engage quickly and professionally with engineering teams to provide a niche range of expertise during any of the key phases of product development cycle.
Our objective is to become your preferred process partners, helping you address your most pressing development challenges.
The services offered are flexible and tailored for the client’s needs, including the location of service and tools provided, i.e. working on site or remotely & with or without the client’s engineering tools, aimed at delivering rapid engineering solutions at a lower cost.
Our engineering expertise in the Space industry
- Conceptual design and development with CAD tools
- Trade-off studies and design iterations
- Design for conventional and non-conventional manufacturing
- Concept materialising, de-risking and bench testing of engineering models to accelerate the development
- Space systems engineering, technical specification and product development philosophy planning
- Mechanical structures, mechanisms and opto-mechanical systems development & technical specification
- Hand calculations & verifications of mechanical structures and systems
- Advanced Finite Element Modelling, checking & analysis of complex mechanical structures, mechanisms and opto-mechanical systems
- Structural design & analysis of metallic and CFRP mechanical systems
- Structural & mass optimisation
- Verification of structures for static loads, quasi-static, modal, dynamic vibrations such as Sine, Random & Shock
- Fatigue & Fracture mechanics evaluation
- Kinematics & multibody dynamic simulations
- Opto-mechanical design & analysis of telescopes
- Thermo-mechanical design & analysis of complex mechanical systems
- Advanced linear & nonlinear FEM with a range specialised Space industry CAE pre & post processing tools
- Advanced superelement & condensation of FEM systems
- Characterisation / test campaign planning
- Support of product or system environmental qualification campaign planning and execution
- Test evaluation and FEM correlation
- Technical reporting of system / product design, analysis and testing campaigns
- Technical bid proposal writing support
- Mechanical ground support equipment design and development to support Assembly, Integration and Testing of Space systems
3D Design and Printing Services
Professional 3D printing design and services for small-scale production and multi-sized rapid prototyping with an available build volume of 300 x 300 x 600mm and 500 x 500 x 500mm. Along with engineering-grade materials such as PP, PA/PA6, PA12, Ultem, PEEK, PEKK and reinforced with Carbon Fiber/Glass. Simultaneously, other less demanding materials ABS, ASA, PETG, PLA, TPU, and PC are also available for prototyping and conceptualisation of functional parts.
Your actions needed:
Upload your 3D .stl; .step; .3mf model and specify the material needed.
A price quote, and taking care of printing and shipping your products.
- Product design with CAD tools for additive manufacturing
- Production of parts made of engineering-grade materials
- Rapid prototyping for one-off or small series production